In this article you will learn
1. How to smoothly sail away the dreadful effects of Search Engine Penalty upon your Web Presence
2. How to create proper exposure for your website in search engines
So your company has adopted “E-Business” Model, invested time and money in creating an awesome web presence. What’s pitching next? You need proper exposure for your website otherwise all the efforts will toss into trash.
Internet has evolved the way we conduct business. With more business entities adopting internet business model the traditional models are fading in their value, that’s the reason why top universities have shifted focus upon training executives to undertake internet marketing campaigns effectively.
Search Engines are the hotspot for Internet Audience that return the users with most relevant search results from around the world. Study reveals more folks turn up to internet search engines before researching to purchase a product. As a Businesses Entity, your brand needs proper visibility upon internet; a loss of exposure could result into unimaginable losses.
In order to make the web a better place Internet Giant Google is in a transition phase experimenting various tweaks to ensure it return its users the most relevant and useful results. In recent past Google has made internet marketing a difficult task by returning the users with best possible results upon its own search results page which contradicts Internet Marketing approach that require user to browser entire webpage before making a purchase.
In order to create sufficient exposure, your website must rank within the first page of Google search results otherwise you will experience a depression in the sales and revenue graph. With the recent bombardment of low quality web pages search engines including market leaders Google and Bing are getting stricter upon all the websites and now require a variety of quality standards to be met if one has to rank higher in search results.
Here is a four step plan that your company must implement to ensure your internet properties follow all search engine guidelines to engage the best possible users.
1. Audit Website Content
This step involves auditing website content to ensure it complies with all standards of World Wide Web. Make sure you have proper text content description in each of your pages that clearly describes not only your product but also gives users the most up to date knowledge of the market and industry trends. The text content must be backed with images, graphical illustrations and video’s ensuring your users get the best knowledge and experience upon your website.
The content must be genuine, well drafted written by native English Speaker and should be free of any grammatical and spelling error mistakes. Please do avoid keyword stuffing or clocking to dodge search engines otherwise your website will be penalized. I always advise business consultants to do some research upon industry best practices and competitors strategy to figure out any lapses in current strategy.
In order to convince customers, most of the internet marketing specialists post full background to the product creation, full description of the product functionality and satisfied customers testimonials. Make sure you don’t stuff too much content on the homepage and create separate product pages through split testing.
If your company has not yet started Blogging as means for engaging users than you are missing out a large marketing opportunity. Blogging on a regular basis with quality and informative content not only lets your potential customers trust your brand but also gives them more knowledge about your products making it easier for them to choose the product matching their needs.
Here is one example of how to best utilize the power of Blogging not only in making new customers but also helping them out on a regular basis “Cisco Blogs“.
As an additional tip, try your level best to maintain your online reputation and make sure search engines don’t display any negativity regarding your brand in the top search results. In extreme cases hire the services of an online reputation management company as negative feedback, images and unhealthy reviews on user generated websites like answers.com may cause a severe damage upon your online reputation.
2. Conduct a Links Audit
This step involves conducting a planned audit for all the incoming and outgoing links towards your website. As guidance your Audit must ensure
• You don’t have any broken links both incoming (inbound) and outgoing (outbound).
• You have a vast diversity of natural links pointing towards your website without exact keyword matching anchor text.
• Make sure you have deep links (i.e. people are linking towards the individual pages of your website not only your home page).
• Ensure you are not linking out to low quality web pages and even if it is significant than apply a proper no follow links attribute.
• Ensure only reputed websites are naturally linking out to you based upon your brand power not for any monetary gains.
Elaborating further, Links are the mechanism through which search engines decide authority of a website. In order to prove authority to the search engines your website must ensure sufficient incoming quality natural links from other reputed websites.
If you are missing out on this part than it is highly likely for the search engines to impose a penalty upon your website that could severely impact your search engine rankings and in extreme cases may cause expulsion from search results. Think twice before linking out to external sources upon the homepage when external links take away a major portion of your link juice adversely impacting your website page rank and search rankings.
3. Harness the True Potential of Social Media
Social Media is the best platform to market your products. Study revealed more users check out their email inbox and social media accounts before getting off their bed.
All major search engines including Google pay sufficient weight upon social media signals. The highest quality content will get a large number of shares on social media properties.
Design your social media pages in an innovative manner, make sure you have integrated the form to generate leads on the landing page; proper links encourage users to subscribe the weekly newsletter and full description of the company’s mission, objectives and core competencies, physical address and product description with prices and rebates is available to the users. Make sure you have formulated a proper plan to engage users on social media websites by offering free giveaways, organizing contests and regularly updating your page with some useful quotes, contemporary news and useful videos.
It is highly advised to integrate social plug-ins within your websites so that your customers may easily connect with you on social media properties. Schedule your tweets and status updates, ensure after lead generation you follow drip marketing model to transform unqualified leads into qualified one’s through sending out emails and messages to fans and followers.
4. Conduct a Design Audit
This step involves conducting an audit for the design of your website making sure it complies with the internet marketing standards and provides a good user experience to those accessing the full website. Make sure
• Your website is not stuffed with excessive images, advertisements, videos above the fold.
• Make sure your website has some text content visible to users without scrolling the page down.
• Check if your site has a proper architecture and navigation bar provides links to users for easily accessing all parts of your website.
• Make sure your website has no blank or auto generated pages and all the pages add value to your business and are integral towards your internet marketing approach.
• Make sure you make an Account on Google Webmasters Tool and submit the sitemap through the account so that Google indexes all the pages of your website.
• Your design must be attractive, theme should have clean code and the website should have a high page speed.
• Verify the users to your website can easily hit the contact button to know about your office locations, mailing address and team members contact details.
• Make sure you tag your business in Google Places so that Google displays your brand in local search results.
ComScore released a search engine report in 2011 that stated more that 11.6 billion searches went through Google in just one month. Local searches comprised nearly 2.3 billion of the 11.6 billion searches. This depicts the importance of optimizing your website for local search results.
Marketing your products and business online has wider prospects that need to be successfully undermined through creating sufficient search engine visibility following industry best practices. It would be wise to do some modifications in your websites ensuring all quality standards are met.